Saturday, January 10, 2009

J is for Jewellery

Finally! Took me ages today to get a shot that I was happy with. I had wanted to take a photo of a jelly bean for today's shot because when I was deciding what theme to do for this challenge I thought long and hard about whether I should do a second Jelly Bean challenge and was extremely tempted but in the end decided it probably wasn't sustainable. As a compromise I had decided that J would be for jelly bean and I tried oh so hard but let's face it, a macro of a jelly bean really isn't that exciting!!



10 comments:

  1. I love the simple classic look of this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graet focus and a lovely composition. As with the earphones, I really think this could do with a little more light for the white background that has gone a bit grey. But it's hard to do on a shiny subject like that without blowing out the highlights. This is a wonderful shot for all that whining I just did! And I am somewhat sad you didn't do a jelly bean for old time's sake, but I agree that a macro of a jellybean might not rock everyone's world. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nice clean and crisp. Excellent photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky you don't have to shoot A for awesome :) oh, let's see: j for "make them jealous"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have liked to have seen the jelly beans though too...yum!
    Nice composition, it's simple yet very elegant.
    Maybe I would have tried a different coloured darker background to make the silver pop a bit more.
    Only 20 more to go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking pictures of silver is tough. Try using extra smooth surfaces as a background when shooting macro... or a dark, soft textile like black velvet to accentuate smoothness and contrast.

    Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice clean image, very crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice clean image, very crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the subtle shadows. You probably used some sort of diffuser in your battle with the highlights, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jelly bean would have been okay, but this is probably easier on ercolano :)

    ReplyDelete