Sunday, January 18, 2009

R is for Rose

I chose this photo because it's different and unexpected (and because it turned out quite decently.)

Regarding yesterday's image. The Rubik's Cube appears to be balancing on one corner because it is (with the help of an Oxo cube and a glob of blu tac.)



Kim. I probably won't use thermometer for T - I have other plans. So just for you I've included the image below. Although it's a nice clear image and shows the mercury well I didn't like that shadow and I just couldn't get excited about the photo as a whole. The answer to the puzzle is given below. Let me know if your hubby was right.

JuzzyDee. Yep. I have plans for Saturday - thank you for asking. This coming Wednesday however is another matter at this stage!

Tombaretto. Good thinking but Quente wasn't the word I was after.

Whalelight. Looks like you got it! Well done. Another name for Mercury is "Quicksilver".


11 comments:

  1. This almost has a sad feeling about it - despite its beauty! wonderful job, Andromeda! I'm thoroughly enjoying your gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that rose...the color just pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic rose picture. Is this what's left of the we saw all open and lovely two days ago? Great colours and lovely lighting. You're getting good at white backgrounds.

    I agree that the thermometer shot doesn't really rock any worlds. It's nice and clear (although it could be whiter all round), but it would be better if it was one of those oil theremometers, or one of those old-fashioned wooden ones with the big red ball of quicksilver at the bottom. And yes, my husband did get Quicksilver right. He has a quicksilver brain! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty rose bud, I love that colour in a rose. The red pops out at one, and such a nice clean background too, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mature roses are still beautiful, especially through your lens!

    I like the healthy temperature on the thermometer, the shadow does detract, but the rest is lovely and sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful soft lighting on the rose! I am enjoying your gallery very much what a wonderful group of images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am suspect to say that this image with the rose is fantastic. The compositions in diagonal are my favorite. And this is other great image in your gallery.
    I love the puzzle with the thermometer. I am also preparing my charade. Wait ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's sad and beautiful like a crying angel. Lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting shot. The single petal pulling away from the others almost seems like an allegory for loss, especially given the advanced age of the rose itself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So delicate and romantic. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete