Monday, January 26, 2009

Z is for Zip

I really don't have an awful lot to say about this one. There is no history behind it. It's simply a zip I had lying around which I've never used for anything - until now.


I know that the challenge hasn't finished and I intend to shoot til the end but in a way I feel as though I have finished my gallery today. Tomorrow onwards will be a mini gallery. For the remaining days it seems fitting to highlight some other themes from the challenge and shoot it Andromeda style as a tribute. Obviously I can't choose everyone - I mean how exciting is a macro of snow or sand????

Icebunny. Maybe next time I should do A-Z animal style. Then I can take up your suggestion and go find a yak.

Cridley: All I meant by my clue was that I wasn't going to photograph a zebra.

Regoch. That's cheating! You had multiple guesses but well done anyway.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice! At large the zip texture is great.

    I love the diagonal and contrasts and the black, white and gold is very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are more letters...
    ÄÜÖ, or do numbers 1-6 for the rest of the challenge. ^^
    Just some ideas.
    But congratulations for finishing this,
    i really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very nice work here. The sharpness and clarity are lovely, your background is superbly white, while still retaining the fabric texture in the black, and the gold and bl ck really do sit well together. Very well done for finishing your alphabet.

    When I did my alphabet backlit macro fruit and vegetables, I was going to do the final 5 days as the five vowels with an emphasis on trying to make them capitalised. I ended up redoing letters I wasn't happy with, which included the first few that weren't in the backlit theme, which only developed later... It's hard to decide what to do, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping it was going to be a zipper....I think the black and gold on the white background is perfect. Good luck on your mini-theme for the rest of the days, I was wondering where you would go after Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very graphic macro! I like the fact that the zipper isn't attached to a piece of clothing. Very clean background, too (as always) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this shot very NICE!! Also you asked how i did the smoke... the fishie one all you do is toss it in ps and invert it TA DA :D and as for how big my fish tank is... we have a 75 gallon tank :D

    K~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big up to yourself! A-Z complete, and nice zippers they are. Maybe you can throw in some greek letters? Phi, and Theta and stuff. Good luck on the remaining days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful zipper it is too, the texture of the cloth bit is amazing in full view, I hope people are looking in full. I believe this is my favorite - a wonderful gallery and challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent shot, the perfect way to round out the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This shot is simple but great!
    I love the portions of absolute white in the imega to get contrast to the zip. Other great shot!
    For continuitiry in the sequence, I sugest you show numbers...
    Oh!!! I think I said something silly ... :-)

    ReplyDelete