Saturday, January 24, 2009

X is for Xerophyte

A xerophyte is a desert plant so this fits in quite nicely. Had trouble getting really close because the prickles got in the way. And no, I didn't even attempt to get rid of the cob webs!!

Well RM, were you right????



And regarding life after Z. An interesting question. And one I have pondered throughout this challenge. I thought about ressurecting the jelly beans for the last few days but have decided against that in favour of something different which will be revealed in due course.

8 comments:

  1. I was no where near close on that one. I thought it would be a photo of a "x" on a building or something. But this is so much more interesting. I do not want to touch this photo. :p Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever match and awesome photo as always! I am also wondering what your last days will be. February would have been a better month LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks a strange type of plant, I bet those sharp pointy bits make him hard to handle.
    Great addition to your splendid growing gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a strange plant I assume it's a type of cactus sure am glad we don't have any around here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent shot! So crisp, clear....and well, sharp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one similar to that in my triplex of pots for my cactus garden. And I love the central composition and that lovely white background. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those spikes look extremely sharp! Its interesting to see how some spikes are brown while others are tan colored.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent spiky picture. Love it!

    Plus, I get to learn a new word today, which is always a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete